Good News! We are reopening for Mass on May 31 Pentecost Sunday at 9:30am and 12:00pm (see Requirements below)
This weekend, May 24 we will distribute Holy Communion after the Virtual Masses from 10:30am – 11:30am and from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
The virtual Masses can be viewed at the following www.facebook.com/saintmarycambridge and www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbwFdULmeTuCuuEz72e6UA
The Saturday Vigil Mass at 4:00pm will resume in the coming weeks. Check back for details
Good News! Mass at 7:30pm is open
Church open for Private Prayer from 8:00am – 6:00pm. There will be eucharistic Adoration each day from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
(Confessions Available upon request)
- ARRIVING for Mass– Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass, but not more than 30 minutes prior.- Please bring a mask with you and keep it on from when you exit your vehicle to when you enter your vehicle after Mass.- Everyone will enter from the Center Front Door (On Norfolk St.)- When waiting to enter, please use the markings to remain at least six feet apart.
– After you enter the church you will sign in with your name and phone number. We will be keeping track of who was at each Mass in the event that someone was diagnosed with COVID19.
– An usher will then bring you to the next available pew. Families in the same home will be sat together.
– Hand sanitizer will be available, but everyone is asked to bring their own if possible. If you do bring your own, please wait to use it until the usher is seating you, as everyone will be required to use the hand sanitizer before sitting.
– Once seated, please do not leave your seat.
– When the church capacity has been reached no one else will be admitted into the church.
- DURING Mass– There will be minimal music and no congregational singing during the Mass as we will all be wearing masks.- The priest, deacon, lector, and musician will not be wearing a mask while in the sanctuary as they are maintaining distance between them and need to be heard by everyone.- There will not be a sign of peace.- Please continue to sit, stand, kneel and join in saying the prayers of the Mass as we always have.
- RECEIVING Communion– When it is time to receive Communion, please remain in your seat until an usher asks you to enter the aisle.- The aisles will all be marked with one-way arrows and spacing to keep six feet apart from one another.- Everyone is asked to process to the front and back to their seats in order to preserve social distancing. If you are not prepared to receive the Eucharist, simply place your hands over your chest and continue in the line back to your seat.- Anyone that is not physically able to walk to the front of the church should remain in their seat, and a priest will come to you at the end of Mass when everyone has left the church.
– The Precious Blood will not be distributed at this time.
– When you receive communion, step forward with your mask on, hold out your hands and the priest will drop the Eucharist into your hands, step to the side, pull down you mask, put the Eucharist in your mouth, put your mask back on, and follow the aisle back to your seat.
We also have been sending a regular email newsletter to parishioners. If you would like to receive this email please send us your contact information to email@example.com
- EXITING the Church– At the conclusion of Mass, please remain in your seat until an usher lets you know that you can leave.- Please follow exit through the aisle that the usher shows you, immediately leaving the building and going to your vehicle.- We will not be gathering after any of the Masses.- The church will be cleaned immediately after each Mass.
Saint Mary of the Annunciation Parish
134 Norfolk Street
Cambridge, MA 02139